|County:||ED:||is on NARA roll T624_||FHL roll|
|County:||Clark, Springfield City|
|Relation:||Head of Household|
Peter owned a saloon at Spring and Monroe in 1900 and later in 1910 sold soft drinks at 320 S. Spring St. while living at 833 S. Center St. according to to Bill Kiefer. A newspaper article stated Peter and his wife Bridget came from Pittsburgh in the 1890s-and that Peter was a car inspector and engineer for the railroad. Perhaps they were married in Pittsburgh?
- Children of Peter and Bridget Griffin Garrity were:
- Edward James Garrity was born on 24 May 1895 and died on 22 Feb 1960 in Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio. He was a dentist. Death Certificate Number: 15191 Volume Number: 16070
- He married MARY ANGELA WARD. Children of EDWARD GARRITY and MARY WARD are:
i. MARY LOUISE GARRITY, m. LAWRENCE Last-name-known
ii. ANGELA EILEEN GARRITY, died about 1988 m. RAY BACH
iii. ANN GARRITY, m. Last-name-known.
- Margaret Cecilia Garrity was born on 1 Mar 1897, died on 31 Dec 1957 in Springfield, Clark Co., Ohio and was buried in Calvary Cemetery, Springfield, Clark Co., Ohio. Margaret married Michael Patrick KEARNS June 19, 1919, son of JAMES KEARNS and CATHERINE DONAHUE.
Children of MARGARET GARRITY and MICHAEL KEARNS are:
i. MARGARET "PEGGY" KEARNS, m. William Cotter. They have two sons.
ii. FRANK KEARNS, d. November 1990. Never married.
iii. THOMAS L. KEARNS, b. September 21, 1925; d. October 03, 1965, Columbus, Ohio. Married Ruth and adopted her children.
iv. CATHERINE MARIE KEARNS, b. 16 Jul 1920, Springfield, died 12 Apr 2000, Tampa, FL ; m. GEORGE RAPHAEL MALOWNEY, April 23, 1940, Hillsboro, Ohio. click on both links for photo-stories about George and Kitty.
Pictured above: Margaret Cecilia (GARRITY) KEARNS holding Catherine, George Malowney Sr. and his wife Catherine Marie KEARNS (individually in 1940), together in 1958.
- Agnes Marie Garrity was born on 14 Jan 1899 in Springfield, Clark County, OH, died in Jul 1988 in Columbia, Missouri and was buried in Springfield, Ohio. Obit Pub Jul 10 - Calvary Cemetery, Springfield, Clark County, OH. She married Frank Hennessy. They had a son who married and has three sons. Agnes Marie (GARRITY) was known as "Marie." She visited our family in Florida during the winters in the 1960s. She loved to go to the Cincinnati Reds baseball games. Her daughter-in-law is interested in family history.
3c) Agnes "Marie" GARRITY b: January 14, 1899 in Springfield, OH d: Abt. 1988 in buried Springfield, OH + Frank G. Lastnameknown m: October 20
4 Francis Patrick Lastnameknown + Diane